Wednesday, October 17, 2012

7 months!

Connor is now 7 and a half months. He is so interactive and intrigued with everything. He loves to see new things and put them into his mouth! Even Chloe, he has tried two or three times to get a piece of her in his mouth, but she is too fast and gets away. He is starting to pull himself up and is almost crawling! He is rocking back and forth and scooting, he just needs to put all the motions together and off he will be. He can now take finger food and feed it to himself. He loves all foods still!
We left Connor with grandpa art for a night while we went and stayed the night at winstar. We got massages, saw Blake Shelton(again), and caught up on some sleep. The night went well and grandpa art said he'd do it again!
We went on another airplane ride, this time almost a four hour one to Boston. He got so bored and wanted to roll and romp around, needless to say I think our flying days are over for a while. It was a great time in Boston though. My parents and brother and sister-in-law were all there. We ate a lot, did some touristy things, saw some family, met up with old friends, and I got to get some closure at my grandma's grave. She died 8 days before Connor was born so I had to miss the funeral. My parents graciously took care of Connor while Sean, my brother, my sister-in-law and I all went out and about. We went to downtown and hung out there. We also went candle pin bowling and miniature golfing. It was a nice time, but we were glad to get home and get on or back into his routine.
Unfortunately his routine got out of whack again, poor guy got an ear infection and hand foot mouth disease. The ear infection was fixed pretty fast due to the ear drops and antibiotics, but the hfmd is a virus and it just has to run its course. He did get some lidocaine mouthwash to help him eat, since he was refusing everything. After 4 days he is just now starting to get back to his oldself. I also got the virus, but just the fever and the sores in my throat. Poor Connor had blisters all over his hands, feet, mouth and throat. It completely wiped us out and of course Sean was at conference so we were left to fend for ourselves. Seeing his sick was the worst thing ever, I just felt so helpless and all I could do was cuddle him. I did cuddle him nonstop and now he is having a hard time being away from me! I hope he breaks himself of that soon or we will be in for some tough times.
My usborne business is going pretty good. I had an opportunity to go to a pediatric therapy staff meeting. I met some people and sold some books. I have handed out some catalogs and met some people who say they are interested in hosting a party. So we will see if anything comes of those. My mom comes in Sunday when Sean leaves for Chicago, so I am excited. We always have a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment