Thursday, August 30, 2012

Six Months, ALREADY?!

August 25, 2012 at 5:40 p.m. Connor was officially six months! I am still in shock by how fast everyday goes by with him. Even though it is pretty much the same routine day in and day out, it does not get boring and just flies by. He weight 17 pounds and 14 ounces and is in the 50th percentile for weight, he is 27 inches long and is in the 70th percentile for height. My little baby, is not so little anymore. He is looking more and more like a little boy instead of a baby. It makes me a little sad, but I just love the stage he is in now. He is so vocal and smiley all the time. He likes to knock over blocks, jump in the jumperoo, listen to songs, read stories, take baths, eat solid foods and his bottle, and just be around people. He loves to look around and take everything in. He can sit up now on his own for seconds at a time. He also knows the word jump, he will do it when you saya it! He is officially on formula now, I weaned him and it actually went easier and faster then I thought it would. I made it to my goal and I am proud of myself. I never loved nursing and am not sad at all about giving it up.
 The pediatrician told me I now have to let Connor cry it out. He was sleeping the majority of the night with one feeding in the middle, but the doctor said he no longer needs it and six months is the time to let him soothe himself. The first night I let him cry for about 30 minutes and went in and consoled him, but did not give him a bottle. He woke up a few more times, but went back down. Last night he woke up at 4:30 and went right back down himself, until 6:10. I then gave him a bottle and he went back to sleep until 7:45. We will see how tonight goes, it has been hard not going to him the minute he cries, but I trust and love our pediatrician so I will do what he says.
We had a busy 2 weeks, my parents came in August 16th and left the 21st to see my brother and his wife in Michigan. Sean's Dad came in the 22nd and stayed until the 26th. Then my parents came back the 27th and stayed until the 30th. It was so nice to have all of them here. Sean and I had our first full day and night alone and we all survived. We missed Connor, but knew he was in good hands with my parents. We went to dinner at Nobu, were supposed to see Brad Paisley and Easton Corbin but it was canceled due to the weather, and stayed at The Crescent Hotel. We had a great relaxing night and slept really well. We will be staying the night out again on the 28th of September to go see Blake Shelton in Oklahoma, this time Sean's Dad will be watching him all night.
My first Usborne Books and More Party is underway on September 9th at 1pm. I am hoping I have a good turn out, I am excited to share the cool books. They are so awesome. The quality, content, colors, and concepts are just amazing. There is something for all ages and I hope everyone else finds them as enjoyable I do.
We had Connor's six month pictures last week and I am so excited to get them back. I will post them on facebook as soon as the CD is ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment