Thursday, July 26, 2012

First ear infection!

Last week our little guy was just not acting right. His sleeping was non existent, both at night and during the day. I called the doctor and we found out he had an ear infection. He was given ear drops and antibiotics, and they worked like magic! He also had to be prescribed Prevacid for his acid reflux, since the Zantac was starting to not work. It took about a week and his sleep is finally getting back on track.
He is now over 16 pounds, which amazes me. He has tripled his weight in 5 months. I am hoping this slows down or we will have one massive 1 year old. He is still getting rice cereal and we have found a formula that he tolerates. I am still breastfeeding the majority of the time, but it is good to know he will take formula.
He is really such a happy boy. He is always smiling and laughing, which makes the days so much fun. We are starting to get a nap routine going, and that is making him much happier. It is also helping with his sleeping at night, we had 8 full hours last night. He ate and went back down for another 3 hours. I am hoping this keeps up!
Sean is leaving for California this weekend and will be gone until Wednesday....what does that mean for Connor and I? Grandma is coming! I am so excited to have my mom come here and be with us for the entire time Sean will be gone. We are going to have so much fun, and I am sure Connor will be spoiled!

No comments:

Post a Comment